If your boiler system is regularly maintained, then you can ensure it’s working safely and running effectively. An engineer does a boiler service and performs safety and efficiency checks on the central heating system. So, here is what you need to know when choosing Crofts boiler repair services to do the maintenance of your boiler:
What Occurs During a Boiler Service?
Before an engineer does the boiler service, you need to ensure if he’s qualified to carry out the job. If you have the gas boiler repaired, the engineer must be regulated by the Gas Safe register. If you have an oil boiler, ensure you’re dealing with an OFTEC engineer. You can ask for their identification before they do the repairs. Here are what the engineers can do before carrying out their tasks:
- Visual Inspection: If opting for a Crofts engineer, he can check if the boiler meets the requirements and standards as well as check for leaks and corrosion. He will check the existing flame in the boiler.
- Removing the Boiler Casing: The engineer will check the boiler’s components, like the spark probe, main injector, burner, and heat exchanger, to ensure it’s working properly. Then he cleans the inside of the boiler.
- Checking the Flue: The engineer will secure any obstructions in the flue terminal and if the flue is securely fitted.
- Checking the Gas Pressure: It will ensure the boiler system has the right pressure.
- Boiler Fired Up: The engineer will check if there are any faults in the boiler.
When to Service the Boiler?
A boiler must be serviced annually to ensure the heating systems are running efficiently and safely, and to keep the warranty valid. The best time to have it properly maintained is during summer in preparation for the winter months. If the boiler is not working properly, ensure you have a registered and qualified engineer visiting your home and doing the annual service. This is what Crofts can do when you need a boiler servicing.
How Much Does the Service Cost?
Usually the cost of a boiler service will depend on the type of boiler you have and where you live. For standard services, it will cost you around £50 to £80. If you live in London, then expect to have a higher charge than those from the rural areas.
After cremation, the common process includes putting the ashes inside cremation urns for adults or babies before they can be brought home by the families of the deceased. But what happens when the bodies are unclaimed by families? This is the dilemma that recently plagued Adams County after eight indigent people who passed away were cremated but no one came forward to claim their remains.
The good news is that their remains will now have a resting place for good after Adams County Board gave its permission to the Golden village to allow John Myers, the county’s current coroner, to purchase a crypt inside the mausoleum of the Golden Cemetery. It will cost him $300 but the vault will serve as the resting place for the indigent people’s ashes that were not claimed.
According to Myers, it is only right for them to have a dignified place where they can rest in peace with respect. It can be their resting place forever or until such time a family or someone comes forward to claim the remains.
Myers explained that he does not feel it is right for the remains to be in his office because the place is not dignified and it does not give a respectful feeling towards those who passed away. After granted with approval to purchase a crypt, Myers intend t move the ashes immediately. The transfer will also be done in a dignified way as they hired a clergyman who will conduct a short service.
Myers was given the task to handle the remains after he took office in July of 2018. There used to be 17 unclaimed remains inside his office but some have already been claimed except for the eight. Upon moving, the list of names will be posted in front of the crypt for easy identification later on and the key will be kept by the Golden village as manager of the cemetery. Everyone can now feel at peaces as the remains are placed inside cremation urns for adults and now they will have a proper resting place.
The innovations and development in the world of heating control have led to the availability of high-tech boilers which are easy to use and are energy efficient. There are different boilers depending upon the cost and their function. Choosing the right kind of boiler that is suitable for a home’s requirement is essential step in investing in boilers.
If you are planning to get a new boiler for your home or get an existing one repaired, consult RPH. They are experienced and qualified heating engineers, who have the right solutions for all your heating needs. The engineers from the company will make a site visit and recommend the right type and capacity of boiler suitable for your home.
Some of the different types of boilers sold by RPH are
- Combi boiler
Combi boilers are the most popular boilers. They provide hot water both for the heating system and the taps. The water is directly heated at the mains, whenever required. This eliminates the requirement of a hot water storage cylinder or a cistern. Most of the clients of RPH, opt fort combi boilers because they are easier to install, work quickly and are cheaper than the other variants. As these boilers do not require a storage cylinder, they save a lot of space. Combi boilers heat water at the mains and hence the water pressure from the taps is good.
- System boiler
These boilers are fitted to the sealed heating systems. The system boilers store hot water in a separate cylinder and can easily feed several outlets at the same time. The expansion vessel and the pump of these boilers is built-in, which makes the installation of these boilers very easy. These are ideal choice for bigger homes. The pressure is good and the water is delivered to the outlets at mains pressure.
- Regular boiler
These boilers are suitable for homes with open vented heating systems. The regular boilers store the hot water in a separate cylinder. These boilers provide a good flow rate and are suitable for power showers. These boilers are expensive and need complex installation procedure.
The experts at RPH will help you choose the right kind of boiler for your home. Apart from the type, determining the right size of boiler is also essential to maintain their efficiency.
With the cold snap subsiding in the southeast Louisiana as expected, organizations are informing residents to keep safe amidst the cold weather.
The American Red Cross warns people that when the temperature drops, there are pipes that are prone to freezing, especially outdoor pipes or those with unheated interiors or less insulation.
To protect and prevent freezing pipes before wintertime, you need to carefully follow the tips given by the Red Cross:
- Drain water from water sprinkler and swimming pool supply lines. Never add antifreeze in these lines as it can be harmful to the environment and hazardous to humans, pets, landscaping and wildlife.
- Keep, drain and remove hoses used outdoors. Seal valves providing outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bib to have water drained, and keep the outside valve open so that water in the pipes can expand without bursting.
- Provide insulation to the crawl spaces and attics.
- Check sections in your homes where water supply lines can be situated in unheated areas such as the bathroom, kitchen and the garage. You need to insulate to prevent freezing pipes in these areas.
- Open bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors to circulate warmer air.
- Close garage doors to prevent freezing pipes should there be water supply lines there.
- During cold season, let cold water drip from the faucet to expose the pipes.
If you got frozen pipes during winter, you should try these following tips:
- Open the faucet to make water flow again. Running water makes the frozen area of the pipe to melt.
- Add heat to the frozen areas of the pipe by using towels soaked in warm water, hairdryer, portable space heater, or electric heating pad. Never use flammable devices to heat the pipe as it can only add damage to it.
- Add adequate heat until the water pressure is fully repaired.
- To prevent freezing pipes, check all other faucets to check the severity of the freezing pipes.
If the following tips will not work for you, try to contact a licensed plumber for relevant repairs or replacements. There are those who are ever ready to do the fixtures whenever you call on them. Just check the Internet for choices, compare prices and features, and you’re good to go.