The InterContinental Hotels Group has recently made a bold new move, one that will lead to the building of a new holiday inn in Rayong, with seven other hotels as part of a new partnership that will increase the group’s number of rooms in the country by at least 2,000.
The signage solidified a series of deals, which include new properties as well as conversions, for the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites brands. The first hotel as part of this new chain of deals will begin operation sometime in 2018, and will be followed by the other hotels in the deal, to continue with new releases until 2027.
According to IHG’s Managing Director of South East Asia and Korea, Clarence Tan, Thailand has long since been a key market for IHG, made clear not only by the holiday inn in Rayong, but also Thailand acting as the launch pad for some of the IHG key brands include Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, and Staybridge Suites.
These new properties will be located in Thailand’s key tourism destinations, such as Pattaya, Rayong, Phuket, Khao Lak and Koh Samui, these properties are under development with IHG’s new partner, Ratanakorn Asset, a local development company.
The new properties that will open on 2018 are the following:
Holiday Inn Resort KohLarn
- This new hotel under the Holiday Inn brand will feature a specialty restaurant, swimming pool, bar and gym, among others. This development is currently underway on Na Ban Beach, five minutes from Na Ban public pier.
Holiday Inn Resort Pattaya Na Jomtien
- This beachfront property will be located near and provide easy access to the popular Cartoon Network Waterpark, good for families.
Staybridge Suites North Pattaya
- This new property will offer extended-stay options to Pattaya’s expat- and family-favored area, Wong Amat.
Holiday Inn Resort Rayong
- Conveniently on the white-sand Mae Rum Pueng Beach, a mere 45-minute drive from U-Tapao International Airport.
Holiday Inn Resort Khao Lak Cape Pakarang
- An hour from the Phuket International Airport, this property will offer a sea view of Cape Pakarang, popular for its swimmer-friendly water, staghorn corals and picturesque sunsets.
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Kata
- This new Holiday Inn will be a mere 10 minutes away from Kata Beach, complimented by close proximity to a large selection of eateries, entertainment, and shopping options.
Holiday Inn Express Samui Chaweng
- A new hotel under the Holiday Inn Express brand, this hotel will be located at the heart of Chaweng, surrounded by dining, entertainment, and shopping offerings. It is also not far from Chaweng Beach, one of Koh Samui’s most popular spots, merely walking distance.