Packing, moving and unpacking can take so much time. Even if you hire a qualified team of furniture removalists in Sydney, you should not leave everything to the removalists. To make the job faster, help the removalists and pack your personal belongings or things that you can. For efficient packing and removal, take a look at these tips:
- Make a list of the things that you need to pack and number them based on priority. Pack the items that you need the least then pack them first. For instance, pack your clothing except those that you would need for the week such as your office uniform or clothing of your children. The last items to pack are the things that you frequently use such as your toiletries, toothbrushes, children’s toys, pillows and other necessities that the entire family would need during the transfer and immediately after.
- Conduct an inventory of your items to determine which can be donated, given away or sold through garage sale or e-commerce sites. Old items that you no longer need can be disposed to lessen the items to be packed and transferred.
- Set aside fragile or special items that need to be packed by furniture removalists in Sydney with care.
- Gather and prepare the packing supplies that you will require during the packing process. Prepare a number ofpacking tapes, cardboard boxes, bubble wraps, packing peanuts and similar materials for packing. These items can also be purchased or requested from the removalists company.
- Do not overstuff your boxes to prevent them from disintegrating when you or the packers lift them. As much as possible, use brand new boxes or used boxes but in excellent condition to boxes heavy duty boxes or as much as possible, brand new boxes to ensure their reliability. Heavy dutyboxes can be found in supermarkets and retail stores or even from the shops of removalists.
- Add insurance from the company of furniture removalists in Sydney for added protection on your items. Keep flammable and toxic materials in a separate box.