With the cold snap subsiding in the southeast Louisiana as expected, organizations are informing residents to keep safe amidst the cold weather.
The American Red Cross warns people that when the temperature drops, there are pipes that are prone to freezing, especially outdoor pipes or those with unheated interiors or less insulation.
To protect and prevent freezing pipes before wintertime, you need to carefully follow the tips given by the Red Cross:
- Drain water from water sprinkler and swimming pool supply lines. Never add antifreeze in these lines as it can be harmful to the environment and hazardous to humans, pets, landscaping and wildlife.
- Keep, drain and remove hoses used outdoors. Seal valves providing outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bib to have water drained, and keep the outside valve open so that water in the pipes can expand without bursting.
- Provide insulation to the crawl spaces and attics.
- Check sections in your homes where water supply lines can be situated in unheated areas such as the bathroom, kitchen and the garage. You need to insulate to prevent freezing pipes in these areas.
- Open bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors to circulate warmer air.
- Close garage doors to prevent freezing pipes should there be water supply lines there.
- During cold season, let cold water drip from the faucet to expose the pipes.
If you got frozen pipes during winter, you should try these following tips:
- Open the faucet to make water flow again. Running water makes the frozen area of the pipe to melt.
- Add heat to the frozen areas of the pipe by using towels soaked in warm water, hairdryer, portable space heater, or electric heating pad. Never use flammable devices to heat the pipe as it can only add damage to it.
- Add adequate heat until the water pressure is fully repaired.
- To prevent freezing pipes, check all other faucets to check the severity of the freezing pipes.
If the following tips will not work for you, try to contact a licensed plumber for relevant repairs or replacements. There are those who are ever ready to do the fixtures whenever you call on them. Just check the Internet for choices, compare prices and features, and you’re good to go.
For this year, the Piaggio Group Americas will once more be a part of The Motorcycle Show in Canada. The showcase will expect the newest models from brand such as Vespa, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio and Aprilia. These same models will be available soon and the latest models of Moto Guzzi for sale will be seen in dealers all over the world.
Piaggio Group Americas is known as the importer of legendary scooter as well as motorcycle brands based in Northern America. It covers brands such as Vespa, Piaggio, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia. This year, it has been announced that the group will be coming back to the premiere sports events in Canada called The Motorcycle Show.
The show has already started its tour in Canada this weekend which stopped by Calgary first. The tour will then proceed to other places in Canada including Montreal, Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver and Quebec City. This will be happening from January until the month of February.
The event dates are listed below:
- Calgary Motorcycle Show held at BMO Centre Calgary Stampede from January 5 until 7.
- Edmonton Motorcycle Show will be held at Edmonton Expo Centre from January 12 until 14.
- Vancouver Motorcycle Show at Tradex Exhibition Centre, Abbottsford, BC on January 19 until 21.
- Quebec City Motorcycle Show will be at Centre de Foires de Quebec City from February 2 until 4.
- Toronto Motorcycle Show to be held at Enercare Centre from February 16 to 18.
- Montreal Motorcycle Show will be at Palais des Congres de Montreal at February 23 to 25.
Everyone will surely have something to look forward to at the events. The booth organized by Piaggio Group America will feature their eco-sustainable transportation, top electronics, leading performance and the style that the Italian motorcycle maker has been known ever since. There will be many 2018 models presented at the events including Aprilia’s Tuono Factory, RSV4 RF and Dorsoduro 900, Moto Guzzi’s MGX-21 Flying Fortress and V7 III Stone, Vespa’s Sei Giorni and Primavera and Piaggio’s MP3 500. These models of Moto Guzzi for sale are expected to be out this year as well as the other brands from the group.
If you are in the insurance industry and selling is main thrust, it is only right to know effective insurance selling strategies and practice them to increase your selling skills and more importantly, your sales. However, to improve your selling skills, you need to invest time and effort on it because just like any other skills, it cannot be developed overnight. Here are some proven and tested methods for you to develop that skills and learn more strategies to reach more of your prospects.
Read sales books
There are a lot of books that you can find about sales and how you can get more. You can just go to the nearest library or purchase a book at your nearest bookstore to find inspiring and highly effective strategies to reach more prospects.
Subscribe to newsletters
Aside from getting reliable ideas on insurance selling strategies, it is also important for you to be updated on what’s happening in the industry and in the market. Thus, subscribe to e-newsletters related to the insurance industry and the market.
Listen to audio tapes
You can also get vital information about insurance selling by listening to audio tapes by reputable experts in the field. You can find these materials on the internet and also from local libraries and even from local bookstores in your area. You might also want to ask from colleagues or from your office if they have audio materials that you can refer to.
Attend seminars on sales
Another excellent way to get selling strategies for insurance is to attend seminars offered by the experts and successful sales and marketing individuals. The only thing about seminars is they can require registration fee. As an option, you can search for webinars as they can be cheaper.
Go with the pros
To enhance your knowledge in the industry, it would be best to moonlight or go with senior sales insurance officers of your company. Listen to how they talk with their prospect to get insurance selling strategies that you can also apply when you talk with your targets.
Adidas is the official outfitter of the Grand Valley State athletics. This means an exclusive relationship wherein other brands cannot be associated by with GVSU Lakers. The athletic department of GVSU being a direct school spends a specific amount each year but receives promotional merchandise from Adidas with 50% off the price of apparel, 45% off footwear and incentive-based performance bonuses the GVSU athletic teams.
The GVSU Lakers has partnered with Adidas since 2004 but only as a direct school since 2012. There are 3 major distinctions in the college athletic apparel deals: licensed schools, direct schools and team schools. Licensed schools like major universities in Michigan, Oregon and Texas receive large amounts of money for the Adidas brand to be associated with the university. Direct schools have to pay a specific amount yearly in exchange for benefits and perks. The third tier is team school like GVSU until 2012. Team schools have to get their apparel from retailers not directly from Adidas.
The Grand Valley State athletic department has renewed its contract with Adidas until March 31, 2024 for consistency across all the GVSU teams. Fans who have attended football games last fall has certainly noticed the slick new uniforms of GVSU teams which they will be wearing for the next 3 or 4 years. Adidas uniforms have a shelf life of 3 years before they are replaced.
GVSU has creative input on the uniform designs with the coaches of each team working with the athletic department to ensure eye-catching uniform combinations. From the standpoint of marketing, when the uniforms are at the forefront, they become promotional merchandise.
The primary vision of GVSU athletic team is to outfit the teams with a uniform possible across all sports from jersey fonts to color for equality. The partnership with Adidas has allowed the vision to come true. Not only does Adidas provide greater consistencyacross the entire athletic department; the company has provided quality products to compete in, train in like a football-student athlete. If a GVSU athlete wears a non-Adidas item during a sports event, there could be serious consequences. However, safeguards are in place and this situation is unlikely to happen.
You can surely do the packing and moving of your furniture alone but you can accomplish the task by half the time if you would hire furniture removals in Sydney. Moving to a new location can be stressful and tiring and you don’t’ have to do it on your own when you can hire experts to do the job. If you do not have time to do the packing, removal and unpacking of your personal belongings and furniture, hire a team who will do it for you to save you from the hassles and stress associated with moving. Some people hire removalists for the following reasons:
Fast and efficient furniture transfer
Removalists are experienced and trained to accomplish tasks in less time. Because of their expertise, they can accomplish the task faster and without difficulty. You will be amazed at their being adept and skilful with the job. Their skill can only be achieved with proper training and exposures so when you need the services of furniture removals in Sydney, choose a company that has been in the business fora long time.
To keep your furniture safe and properly handled
A team of removalists are experienced enough in handling furniture and transferring them so they would know how to handle your furniture properly during the process. In addition, you can add insurance to your belongings to further keep your things secure while being transferred. The removalists are also professionals so they know how to conduct before the customers and behave properly. In addition, only hire experts in furniture removals in Sydney who are trusted in the industry.
Faster furniture reassembly
The challenge with moving to another location does not end when your things are packed and sent to the new location. There is still the reassembling that you have to think about. Fortunately, you can also include the services of furniture reassembly from the team that conducts furniture removals in Sydney. Include the service when you fill out a cost estimate so the service provider can include the job on the contract.
Hiring a salesperson is not cheap. Based on a report published in 2007 by Sales Benchmark Index, the average pay to a sales representative is around $176,848 every year. This amount includes the expenses at work, commission and compensation. When computed, every sales call cost around $287.56.
Looking at this number, you realize why majority of organizations are trying to cut down the cost spent on sales rep while some are even trying to eliminate the need for one. This is where the touchless or self-service model comes in.
In a traditional setting, the marketing department of the company is tasked to pass a specific number of leads to the sales force monthly or quarterly. If a salesperson thinks that the lead is worth trying, she will try to contact in every way possible and then the sales rep will act as a guide throughout the entire purchase process.
In a touchless setting, the guide will by the buyer themselves. He will read information online rather than hear it from someone else. The buyer will not only be watching an online instruction on how to use the product but he will have the chance to get a free trial or watch the video of the specific product.
With this setting, the company saves money while the buyer decides everything all throughout the buying process which is considered a win-win scenario. To do this, the company’s interface must be transformed into a salesperson. Here are some things that can be applied to the website for a touchless sale.
- Create a resource library. This way, sales rep won’t have to answer the same questions over and over again. Buyers will be able to find answers to their questions without the need for a sales person. You can start building the resource library by asking your current sales rep about commonly asked questions and providing mini articles about it.
- Utilized a well-timed paywall. Offer free trials of the product for a certain time limit, this will give the customer time to love the product and eventually purchase it after the trial period is over.
- ROI Calculator. A client will certainly buy a product when they know it will have a big impact in their lives. To know the products impact, a marketing ROI calculator is helpful since it will show them the money they will be able to save while using the product, the productivity, time, convenience as well as efficiency.