The world’s first re-locatable solar pods can be a potential game changer for solar installers on the Gold Coast that install the renewable energy source on commercial rooftops. A major barrier to solar investment in some properties is the inability to relocate the traditional solar panels once they have been installed.
According to Steve Ford, head of sustainability and energy group of GPT Group, thousands of businesses are reticent in investing in solar installations that have a lifetime of 25 years because their leases are shorter or they have future plans of site redevelopment and other legitimate concerns. Solpod offers new flexible opportunities and business models so that hurdles can be overcome in the commercial solar uptake.
The pre-fabricated, 5kW Solpods are made from premium 72-cell solar panel. It is framed and raised on legs at an angle for easy cleaning. Installation of the solar panels requires a crane and adhesives to affix them to the roof. One panel takes as little as 10 minutes to be installed. Commercial scale installation of Solpods will only require days to achieve generation instead of weeks. Installation is non-invasive because it does not require drilling or clamping.
The potential of Solpod is recognized by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) because it provides cost competitive option to standard methods of fixed mounting. It will also help in accelerating solar PV innovations. ARENA has provided $975,000 for Solpod installation on a 25-site demonstration program. Some of the installations have begun to generate. The installations in New South Wales and Victoria will be completed this year.
2.5 MW of Solpod solar PVs are going to be mounted at sites that include 10 that are owned by commercial property group GPT and 10 NSW government properties. Solpod’s concept of a mobile and easily deployable solar is definitely worth pursuing for established companies.
After the solar installers on the Gold Coast have completed installation and the system has become operational, solar energy will be free to produce. The energy that will be received from solar will offset the electricity being received from the grid; hence reducing the electricity bills as well as the carbon footprints.
Moving to a new home is a daunting and stressful task. It involves searching for the perfect packers and movers that can carefully package and transport all your precious belongings from your old home to new home. Hiring professionals companies is crucial to safely pack, move and unpack your goods.
Most of the clients are often confused about the whole process. Here is a complete guide to help you choose the right packers and movers services to take care of the packing in Sydney, unpacking and storage of your valuables.
- The first step is to declutter your home. Before you start the process of packing your belongings, sort them and giveaway unused clothes, toys and other items which you have not used in the recent past. Decluttering your home eases the packing process and allows you to carry on useful items.
- Organize all your belongings in order to make it easy to pack them. Pack fragile items like cutlery, valuable décor items and collectibles in clearly marked boxes. If you want to relax, consult professionals who specialize in packing and storing valuables.
- Ask for references from your family and friends who have recently shifted homes. They can help you choose the right company that offers packing in Sydney and other services like storage, unpacking and home organizing.
- You can also search the internet and read user reviews of a few companies and selected a reputed and reliable provider offering packing in Sydney and other services.
- Check the licenses and legal permits of the shortlisted companies before you finalise the deal. It is essential to choose companies with proper permits for a trouble free shifting process.
- Ask for the quotation from the shortlisted companies. Most of the companies who deal with packing, storage and other house moving services have their own websites. You can receive a free quote from the website or talk to the company representative and request a site visit to get the accurate quote.
- Compare the quotes given by different service providers. Look closely for any hidden costs and charges. Compare the quality of boxes and other materials used for packing and the storage facilities offered by different packers.
- Select the packing in Sydney Company that offers good quality service at competitive prices.