The old adage that says “first impressions last” still holds true especially when trying to land your dream job. If you are going to a job interview or an important meeting with clients, it is best to wear professional attire for women in order to get that positive impression and more importantly, an outcome favorable to you. To get what you want in a bag, here are some irresistible tips for women to wear during professional engagements.
- Choose an outfit that is considered socially acceptable for the event. Some of these clothing pieces include skirt or slacks or a tailored dress that is conservatively cut.
- If you prefer wearing a skirt for that important interview or meeting, the skirt should be knee-length. It can be slightly shorter or it can also longer; both are acceptable. Avoid wearing micro-mini skirt or a skirt that extends to your ankle as they are not fashionable as of the moment.
- Another set of professional attire for women are blouses paired with the mentioned acceptable skirt or slacks. The blouse or sweater should not be transparent. You should also avoid wearing blouses with low necklines to an interview or those that are tight fitting. Avoid revealing waistlines or clothes that attract attention. Ideally, the arms should be covered to the biceps or up to the wrist.
- If you need to wear hose, choose those that are non-patterned or plain-style. Pick a neutral color or one that complements with your skin tone. There are industries that require your hose to complement with your skirt. To be safe, take an extra hose with you, just in case it runs.
- For makeup, the toned down it is the better. Choose natural-looking makeup and wear clear nail polish instead of glaring colors. Strong colors may distract the interviewer and may even send out a negative impression from your prospects.
- Wear the type of shoes that do not attract attention such as stilettos or super high heels. Closed shoes are more suitable professional attire for women since open-toed shoes are commonly associated with social events. Make sure that your shoes are clean and well-polished and the type that allows you to walk fast.